March 13, 2014

Review | NARS Sheer Glow


Hello lovely people,

Welcome to my very first product review. I know I said previously that I was going to try to do a review post once a week, but again, I have been extremely lazy. However, I just purchased a MacBook Pro so I'm sure that will give me more of an opportunity to write. Also, I have a few months off, as I am no longer going to university until the middle of the year. So without further ado, here is my very first review. I hope I won't let you down!


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation



NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Gobi


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Gobi
The Foundation 

For such a long time, I only ever used drugstore foundation as it was most affordable. But now that I have a job, I'm able to splurge once I've been paid. Recently, I've been purchasing a lot more high end products. I have definitely fallen in love with the quality and I've been splurging a little more than I had originally planned to. So, recently, I purchased the famous NARS Sheer Glow Foundation at my nearest Mecca Maxima for $68 (I know, I know. But I couldn't help myself!) . This foundation has always been on the top of my must have make up products list.


The foundation comes in 18 shades, which I think is wonderful. From the swatches I've googled, I have noticed there's a shade for pretty much all skin-tones. They have a range of undertones, such as yellow, pink and olive which is perfect for finding the correct match to your skin. It also does not come with a pump but I manage fine without one, I am just extremely cautious when pouring the foundation onto a pan.


My Shade

Shade - Gobi (Light 3)

The shade I am in is Gobi (Light 3). The website indicated that the shade is light, with yellow undertones. I couldn't agree more. My skin is pasty, yet has a dramatic yellow undertone. I find that this foundation suits my skin perfectly. it is not too light, or dark, or too yellow. My biggest disappointment is that the foundation does not contain SPF, which is something I usually look for when purchasing foundations, but oh well.


Application


Not to prime is a crime! I found that this foundation (like most others), goes on a lot more smoothly when moisturiser and/or primer is applied first. It just allows the foundation to run smoothly over the bumpiest of skin types. The texture of the foundation is nice and creamy. I applied the foundation at first with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and found that it left my face looking absolutely flawless. The Expert Face Brush is definitely one of my favourite brushed to blend out foundation with. I then try applying it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush but found that it didn't not blend the foundation out the way I wanted it to. I did however like using the Stippling Brush over problem areas to help build up more of a coverage. 


Finish


As the name of the foundation says, it is suggested to be sheer. As I began to use it, I found that it is not one bit sheer at all, and is so easy to build up the coverage and to create a full coverage look. I also found that it was extremely smooth on my skin, even though my skin is very bumpy. It felt so soft and did not feel thick or cakey. The foundation finishes to an almost matte/satin finish


I have dry skin, and I found that this foundation did catch on to my dry patches, but it is certainly not noticeable too much, like many other foundations I've used. It is literally the only foundation that had stayed on my skin for the longest time possible. I can't speak for people with oily skin however, as my skin is very dry, so I wouldn't know how it should work for those of you with oily skin.


Overview


All in all, I highly recommend saving your money, going to a NARS counter, getting match and purchasing the NARS Sheer Glow foundation because you will not be disappointed. I think it is an amazing foundation to have in a make up collection. I fell in love with it the first day I purchased it and am so glad I took a chance and brought it. I've been using it every time I wear make up.


I promise I will try to blog more in the future guys. I'm aiming for a blog post a week, then gradually doing more than one post a week, once I become a lot more motivated and spawn a lot more ideas.

Until text time (which hopefully won't be weeks away),
♡ Maria ♡