April 18, 2014

Review | Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette



Hello guys!

Holy moly, it's been so long! I really don't know why I haven't updated in so long. I guess I could blame it on my extreme laziness. I've gotten so many messages on my Tumblr, asking me when I'd be making a new post, so here it is! For the last month, I've been trying out the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. You see, my first intention was to purchase the Smashbox Full Exposure palette, but it was literally sold out everywhere, and I did not trust buying it online. So, instead, my eyes fell on the Chocolate Bar palette. This little beauty stole my heart instantly.


Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette



The Palette
I had seen this palette on youtube before, but it was never something I thought I really needed. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette is a beautiful creation. The packaging is so cute! It actually looks like a chocolate bar, and smells unbelievable! The shadows are made with 100% coco powder, which makes the whole palette smell like chocolate. Essentially, you would be extremely excited for a palette like this, as I've never heard of shadows being made with coco powder before.
At my nearest Mecca Maxima, I payed roughly $60 - $70 for this palette, which is a decent price in Australia for a high end palette like this one. There are fourteen 0.95g eyeshadows and two 2.8g eyeshadows in the palette, which I think is terrific value for what I payed. So all together there are sixteen shadows. However, I do wish that the two 2.8g eyeshadows were only 0.95g, so that another two shadows could have been placed in. 









Shadows
First Row:
- Gilded Ganache
- White Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Black Forest Truffle
- Triple Fudge


Second Row:
- Salted Caramel
- Marzipan
- Semi-Sweet
- Strawberry Bon Bon
- Candied Violet
- Amaretti


Third Row:
- Hazelnut
- Crème Brûlée
- Haute Chocolate
- Cherry Cordial
- Champagne Truffle

 Pros
- Very cute packaging.
- Smells unbelievable.
- Has sixteen eyeshadows, which is amazing value.
- All shadows are perfect neutral colours. 
- Ranges from matte, to shimmer, to satin textures.
- Pigmentation is phenomenal.
- Very easy to blend shadows out and build up colour.

Cons

- Packaging is quite bulky, which doesn't make it ideal for travelling. (So sad about that!)
- Shadows are a little chalky due to it being made from coco powder.
- Shimmery shades produce a fair bit of fall out.
- The shadows tend to fade and crease as the day goes on. I highly suggest using a eyelid primer or a sticky base to hold the eyeshadow in place. 
- The shadow names are not on the actual palette, but are printed on plastic that is just placed inside the palette. I find this so annoying as the plastic would just fall out every time I open it. Actually, I just recently lost it, which I am highly annoyed at. I just wish the names were printed on the actual palette somewhere.

Overview
All in all, I am very impressed with this palette. I find that it is the perfect palette! It has extremely neutral shades which you are able to create so many different looks, from neutral everyday looks to dark, smokier looks. (I just wish there was a matte black!) I wouldn't say this palette is something you NEED to have, but if you have some spare cash to spend on make up then I would definitely suggest picking this up! I really love it.

I'm so so so sorry I haven't been updating guys! I'll try my hardest to get some motivation back. Thanks for reading guys! 


- Maria.


ps: Send me any suggestions for future blog posts on my ask.fm or tumblr