November 22, 2014

The Perfect Palette Tag | My Go-To Palettes




~

Best Packaging

Stilla's In The Light packaging is one of my favourites because it just looks so sleek and sophisticated. There is not a lot going on, and the small gold detail of the words and stars on the front just make it look so nice. 

~

Best Colour Payoff

I can't begin to describe the pigmentation of these eyeshadows. They are so creamy and smooth, and so velvet like. With colours so vibrant and pure, the Lorac Pro Palette is a definite MUST in any make up collection.

~

Most Versatile 
&
Best For Travelling

I love this palette unconditionally. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette has been a long time favourite of mine. There is a variety of shades in this palette. I like that it is compact enough to have so many different shades and textures and also compact enough to take travelling. While the packaging is a little bulky, this will be the only palette you need when travelling as it is so versatile. GO AND BUY THIS PALETTE!

~

Biggest Regret

This palette is terrible. I am a HUGE Napoleon fan but this is a joke. The shadows are very chalky and unblendable and the colour pay off is pathetic. The blush and bronzer duo are not pigmented at all and you can not even build the colour up. The shadows are not vibrant at all. I'm very disappointed as many of my Napoleon quads are phenomenal, but this palette is just a big fat no!

~

Best Colour Names
Unfortunately, there are no palettes that have shadow names that catch my eye. Hopefully I'll find some quirky ones on day!

~

Least Used

It's so weird to think that these were one of my favourites. I honestly find myself never reaching for these, even though they are really nice palettes. I guess I just use everything else and never give these bad boys any love anymore. 

~

Most Used

This was a very hard one to decide between, because there are three palettes I use regularly. Overall, the palettes I use the most are definitely my Chi Chi palettes. The Naturals palette is the one I reach for the most. The Chi Chi palettes are raved about a lot by Australian bloggers/youtubers. For the price, the quality is so unbelievably amazing. There are about 8 palettes that Chi Chi has released and I can't wait to own every single one!

~

Most Loved

The best decision I ever made was purchasing the Naked palettes. I love these palettes so damn much! I find that because they were so expensive, I don't grab them as much as I'd like to. However, I do use these palettes a lot because the quality is so amazing and the colours are beautiful. I really want to get my hands on Naked 3 sometime soon!

~

Desert Island

This was the very first palette I ever owned! I don't find myself reaching for this palette at all, but it is perfect for creating colourful eyeshadow looks or for costume make up. The shadows are a little chalky but the pigmentation is actually amazing. I just wish the colours were a lot more wearable. 

~

Hope you enjoyed this little tag! 
Until next time,
Maria

~

~ Links ~
Contact: mariarosepavia@gmail.com